SKDG Privacy Statement:
We collect personal information from our customers in the regular course of doing business.
We collect the following information about you:
Name, Address, Postal Code, Phone Number, Email Address, Date of Birth, Age, Gender, Health and or Medical Information
The main reasons we collect personal information from you are:
Customer service, to complete a sale/transaction, register for dance festivals and Workshops. We may disclose your information to another parent of SKDG. For example, when we make our snow day or cancell classes phone fan out system. We need to provide designated parents phone contact information for you to allow you to be effectively notified. We DO NOT share your personal information with any third parties.
SKDG Registration Policies & Procedures:
1. All dancers are considered upon registration and enrolled in Studio K Dance Gallery from September to May. Full fees must be received at the time of registration whether it is full payment or post-dated monthly cheques before registration forms can be processed. It is imperative that all of the following are included with your registration forms.
A. Registration Fee(s)
B. Tuition Fees
d. Signed Registration Form(s) indicating that you have read and understand all Studio K Dance Gallery Policies and SKDG waiver.
2. SKDG requires a minimum enrolment per class. SKDG reserves the right to cancel classes that have insufficient enrolment after registration. Full refunds will be issued in these circumstances.
3. If Kompany dancers are unable to participate in festival or our year-end recitals, Studio K Dance Gallery must be notified in writing by November 1, 2017. After this date, dancers are responsible to the group to participate in group numbers, to the instructor for the choreography and to Studio K Dance Gallery for the remainder of fees to the year-end. There will be NO REFUNDS of fees if dancers are not involved in the festivals or recital shows, or if dancers pull out of classes after November 1, 2017.
4. Any outstanding accounts from previous years, must be paid prior to acceptance of registration for this season.
5. All communication from Studio K Dance Gallery is done by email. A valid email address must be included on your registration form. If you do not have email access, you may set up a free hotmail account at our local library or provide us with an alternate email contact that has agreed to forward the information to you. SKDG is not responsible for missed information due to an invalid or inactive email account. Detailed emails are sent out regularly with imperative information vital to the success and smooth running of the studio.
6. There will be a $50.00 charge on all returned (NSF) cheques. Any accounts with unpaid balances are subject to a 10% monthly interest rate on unpaid balance. All fees must be paid up prior to April 1, 2017. Any unpaid accounts may result in SKDG pulling dancer from class, festival and recital participation.
7. This policy is in effect only to prevent a serious situation from escalating. Belligerent or disrespectful behavior in class or in the facility, bullying, vandalism or theft, refusal to participate in class or listen to instructors or assistants, skipping class, continuously refusing to wear appropriate attire, etc.) SKDG has a zero tolerance policy towards these behaviors. While this policy may seem strict to some parents, it has been put in place because we have experienced all of the above issues in the past years and they are not in keeping with the core values of our program. Parents will be notified of these situations should they occur to ensure a quick resolution. Studio K Dance Gallery reserves the right to suspend or expel any student who refuses to comply with policies and etiquette included in this booklet. Studio K Dance Gallery reserves the right to keep all fees resulting from expulsion or suspension. Parents are also expected to conduct themselves in a mature and appropriate manner at all times. Parent behavior can result in suspension of the dancer as well.
8. It is policy that video of any SKDG teacher, dancer or choreographer remain private if video taken at an event associated with SKDG. Pictures are allowed to be posted publicly only if parents have given you permission to post them of their children. Videos can be shared after permission of parents and choreographer is granted. SKDG has the right to ask you to remove any media it feels is infringing on this policy.
9. Attendance is essential in maintaining the progression of the individual dancer as well as the group as a whole. Dancers who miss classes will be expected to put in extra practice at home in order to keep up with the class. If your child is going to miss a class please advise your dance instructor in advance. Parents are asked to notify their child’s instructor via email email@example.com if their child will be absent from class. Refunds will not be given for missed classes except in the event of extended illnesses or injuries, and then only with the submission of a doctor’s note. Lack of attendance by dancers may result in losing the opportunity to perform and continue with classes. Attendance is an important part of team building and is essential to the other dancers in the class who are dedicated. Dancers part of the Kompany Program not maintaining a 90% attendance rate, may be requested to sit out for the class, and withheld from festival and recital participation.
10. Our season begins Monday, September 11th and runs into end of April or beginning of May. Our tentative year endrecital is scheduled April 27th and 28th. Tickets are sold around 3 weeks prior to the shows on a first come first serve basis.
11. All classes will be held at the Sundre Arts Development Centre which is conveniently located on 2nd Avenue NW between the elementary and high school. Please respect the fact that we are sharing this facility with many organizations. We would ask that all dance students respect the facility and do their part in keeping this building clean. Ensure your dancers have collected all of their belongings prior to leaving the building. SKDG is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
12. Home practice is encouraged at all times. Copies of recital music will be made if student provides a teacher with CD or jump drive. We like parents to take an active role in their child’s dance education by encouraging them to practice 2 to 3 times a week outside of class.
13. Parents will not be permitted to watch weekly classes as it interferes with the focus of the class. Parent viewing occurs in the last week of each month for the last 15 minutes. However, if you can’t make it on the assigned date, please notify instructor and further accommodations can be made. Parents can come and watch the last 15 minutes of the class on parent viewing weeks. SKDG has on open door policy and if at any time parents or family members would like to watch, please feel free to make arrangements with the instructor.
14. We typically run classes on Chinooks Edge snow days. It is parent’s discretion as to whether or not to drive student into class on these days. If classes are cancelled for any reason, an email will be sent out and a post made on Facebook. We will then do our best to schedule a make-up class at the earliest convenience. If the weather is extreme where three or more nights are consecutively cancelled, we are not required to make up classes. Refunds will not be given for missed snow day classes or make-up classes.
15. Dancers are required to follow the “What To Wear” guideline.
- All Fees are to be paid with cash, cheque or money order.
- If you are making monthly installments, ALL post-dated cheques MUST be handed in prior to first class.
- Cheques MUST be dated for the 1st or the 15th of each month.
- SKDG Requires September and October installments to be paid before September 15, 2017.
- 6 remaining monthly cheques for October to March are required.
- A $50 fee will be charged to all NSF cheques.
- Any accounts with unpaid balances are subject to a 10% monthly interest rate on unpaid balances. All fees must be paid up prior to April 1, 2015. Any unpaid accounts may result in SKDG pulling dancer from class, festival and recital participation.
Additional options that require additional fees:
The following are fees that are optional in the season in both Kompany and Klassic Programs: Solo and or duet choreography, pictures, recital tickets, rectial DVD, team wear.
SKDG Requires 1 month written notice of withdrawals. Refunds will be given subject to a withdrawal fee, beforeNovember 1, 2017. One month’s tuition will be retained by SKDG in the event of withdrawals from class(es). For example,if notice is given in October, the November’s post-dated cheque will be cashed. All withdrawals after November 1, 2017 will not receive reimbursement of fees. In case of serious illness / injury, tuition fees will be returned effective the date of a Doctor’s note.
As there is no formal “volunteering commitment” to be enrolled, Studio K Dance Gallery welcomes all individuals who would like to make a contribution of their time and talents in a variety of ways. If you are interested in volunteering for anything throughout the year, please let us know what interests you. By volunteering for Studio K Dance Gallery, not only are you helping youth in our community and dance club, you will find a rewarding experience that allows you to develop new friendships. We do ask that EVERY parent help out with a recital show/task.
Additional Information For Kompany Dancers Only:
Solos, Duets, Small Groups
Students who are interested in performing solos, duets, or extra groups in the recital and festival are required to complete an ‘Extra Choreography Application Form’. Selection will be based on a variety of factors and the instructors will make final decisions. There will be an extra fee for these sessions. Missed practices will be billed for the session. (Extra Choreography Application Forms for Solos/Duets/Small Groups will be available at registration).
Assistant Dance Instructors (12 years and up)
Any student interested in assisting our dance instructors on a weekly basis for the full dance year may complete a 'Student Assistant Teacher Application Form’. This applicant must have previous dance experience and registered in dance for this year with Studio K Dance Gallery. All assistants are volunteers. The applications will be reviewed by Studio K Dance Gallery and their dance instructors. (Forms available at registration).